Sunday, June 30, 2013

You can help!


Would you like to participate in a random act of kindness AND get a custom portrait of your pet at the same time? You can order as many portraits as you like but, please, only one animal per portrait. Completed portraits will measure 8x10 inches and be matted (white), backed and bagged with archival artist-quality materials. Cost is $100 and includes shipping (continental U.S.). All monies will be donated to a member of our community in need of surgery. (see note at bottom). Payment via PayPal please. I'm offering two different styles (see attached). Send me a private message if you are interested and I will work out the details with you - you can also find me on Facebook to send private messages. Please provide a quality, well-lit photo of you pet and will create a portrait of his/her head/chest.




Border Collie Pup (Study)
Charcoal on Tinted Pastel Paper

Head/chest portrait of your pet in charcoal pencils. Finished portrait will be matted in white with backing board and clear bag, all archival materials.






"Ginger - Cat Lady"
Watercolor
Arches 300# Paper
Private Collection



If you prefer your name or your pet's name in watercolor I can create a piece like this. This is watercolor on watercolor paper and will be shipped with a mat board backing and an archival bag (no matting with this format as they will all be different sizes)



More info about the beneficiary: His name is Brian Wetzel, he lives in Santa Rosa, CA and is a comedian and advocate speaker for NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness). He puts on a one man show to bring awareness about depression. He needs three different parts of his shoulder operated on and doesn't have insurance or money to pay. He gives to the community at large and I would like to find a small way to help him. I believe if you google NAMI you can find him and maybe even buy a DVD of his show. I am doing random acts of kindness throughout 2013 and I personally have experienced horrible pain so I understand how he feels. I also think that NAMI does a tremendous amount off good for people . Lastly, I just love dogs (and cats)!

No comments: