Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WBO - Looking for Inspiration


Yesterday in WBO class Mike encouraged us to doodle, making thumbnail value sketches - but this time making abstract designs, just playing with dark, medium and light values. The idea is to come up with some interesting abstract value designs and then develope our painting (still life) over top of that design. I got the idea in my head to scan a simple drawing of my still life into Photoshop, copy it into WORD and print a dozen of the images on tracing paper - it works great! I'm still playing with the value designs - not as easy as it seems - and I tape the little tracing paper images over the value study to see if I like it or not! Cool! That's my tip for the day - I keep trying to throw my back out so I decided to take a nice hot bubble bath and read Art and Fear instead of draw. Okay, okay, I'm going to do it now!

P.S. The scan is a little hard to see but you get the idea.

No comments: