Wednesday, June 19, 2013

OOPS! Need to update the blog!

I've been taking an on-line Watercolor Lettering class by Val Webb and have since moved on to her current class, Drawing Cats & Dogs.  I've been diligent in posting our the homework site but not here on my own blog.  Let's see if I can bring us all up to date....


 This lesson was one of my favorite.  We chose a word and decorated each letter inside a box.  I chose my friend, Ginger, who adores cats.  I was pretty happy with her response when I presented her with it. :)




I had so much fun with the previous assignment that I decided to do it again, this time my husband came up with the idea to commemorate our recent trip to Maui where we celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary - amazing he has put up with me this long!  




The next assignment is called a CRAZY QUILT.  The idea is to pick a poem, lyric, etc. and incorporate it into a patchwork-style painting.  I couldn't think of a poem I liked so I made up my own words keeping in theme with my "trying to find Zen" concept for 2013.





The final project was another type of CRAZY QUILT but this time having a larger central picture.
Because I had already started the next course, Drawing Cats & Dogs, but had one more Watercolor Lettering project to do I decided to combine them.  So this is my sketched (and then painted) kitty and my quote from one of Jimmy Buffet's songs, "Wrinkles will only go where the smile has been".  Recognize my zen thing continuing on here? :)  This little guy was actually looking really good in my sketch but I wanted to paint him so he fit in better with the overall project.  I tried to recapture the loosey-goosey feel of the portrait I had done previously of Mollie but I'm not sure I quite got there.  Either way, I am entirely pleased with all that I learned in Val Webb's class and my projects.




No comments: