Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mural Mock-Up #1


I'm starting to get comments about why I haven't done any work on my mural project, so I decided I better get working on a color "mock-up". Unfortunately, I found that several of my acrylic paints are almost empty or are dried up, so mixing colors was a bit challenging. This study is done on a piece of "practice" canvas that comes in a pad. The colors aren't quite right so I need to look up some of my reference photos from Tahoe. The water on the right side should extend all the way to the edge (instead of sand), but I somehow missed that when painting it. The reflection of the rocks was an afterthought.

If you have any suggestions that might help me out, please send them my way. For example, I know I should have painted the background tree on left first and a little paler.

No comments: